Someone asked about healthy snacks for kids in one of my local Facebook mommy groups. One mom, Katie Malarkey, gave a recipe for banana oatmeal cookies that sounded so easy I had to try it for myself.
- 2 mashed ripe bananas
- 1 cup quick oats
- Optional shredded carrots, chia seeds or wheat grass powder
- Bake at 400 degrees for 12 minutes
Here’s how I made them:
- 2 ripe bananas
- 1 heaping Tbsp of peanut butter
- 1+ cups of quick oats
- Put the bananas and peanut butter in a blender (we used our Food Ninja) until soupy.
- Pour bananas and peanut butter into a cup of quick oats.
- Add more oats until they’re a consistency that won’t run all over the pan.
- Drop by tablespoonfuls onto a greased cookie sheet.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 10 or so minutes (I used the convection setting on our oven, so check every few minutes to find what works in your oven).
My mother-in-law was our first taste tester. She said they were delicious and took half of them home with her. She experimented later warming them up with raisins stuffed in them and said they tasted even better.
JW was the next taste tester and he said they were yucky and wouldn’t take a second bite.
I had to try them for myself. As someone who doesn’t eat sugar, I thought they were delicious! I told JW that they were yummy and he reminded me that daddy tried them too and said they were “Disgusting!”
So there you have it, Yummy Yucky Delicious Disgusting Banana Oatmeal Peanut Butter Cookies! You might want to try making them for National Peanut Butter Cookie Day on June 12th. What’s you’re vote? Yummy? or yucky?